Saturday, August 25, 2007

My comments on Lagaan Blog (3)

Click on the titles below to see Aamir Khan's posts.

POST: Ghajini

I haven't seen either Ghajini or Memento so can't suggest any hindi title for it. Ashutosh Rana and Atul Kulkarni are great actors who would excel in the villain's role. Rana's postman in the movie Dushman was really creepy.

I have got to mention this one of my friends Lalitha is a huge fan of Surya. So she felt really pleased when I told her that it was Surya who persuaded Aamir Khan to accept the offer of remaking Ghajini. :)



POST: Its Memento not Momento

Instead of calling a film bad you instead say that it didn't work for you. That's very decent of you. But some films are terrible and leave you wondering what made the producer spend so much money.



POST: Of Federer, fans, Fanaa and Films

I saw the Federer and Nadal match. It was awesome. Both the players were on equal footing. But I was on Feferer's side. I was watching a tennis match after a long time and it was worth my every second's attention.

I was not expecting Fanaa to be purely a love story. When Rehaan is revealed as the mastermind behind the bombings I thought something interesting would happen. So the second half was a let down. But the dialogue "aap Rehaan ko utna pyaar nahi karte jitna woh aapse karta hai" became a hit. My brother-in-law loved your performance in Fanaa. In his own words you gave a realistic performance. I am sure whether people liked Fanaa or not they could not have left feeling unimpressed by you.

Like with many things it is indeed difficult to please everyone. But some of your films have managed to touch the right cord with people however different they may be.

According to me a movie should entertain as well create awareness or teach something. It should leave you with something to ponder over. Munnabhai series and Rang De Basanti are classic examples. Even Lagaan and JJWS tell that if you put your heart and soul you can achieve even what looked unattainable.

Just as our political, administrative, legal and educational systems sometimes fail us so have movies even in fulfilling what you've called the "primary responsibility of entertaining".

---------------------------------------------------------------

A reminder: As with my previous posts on Lagaan Blog these comments too are directly addressed to Aamir Khan.

No comments: