Tuesday, August 14, 2007

New quotes


Fear is in the eye of the beholder.

Yesterday I saw this quote written on the back of someone's t-shirt in the gym and I liked it very much.


A new attitude will always lead to a new result.

Two years ago Daddy had gifted me a "motivational calendar" as a birthday gift. But surprisingly I never noticed this quote until yesterday.


The first line reminds me of the days when I used to fear going to the gym. Everything looked to sophisticated. Everyone seemed to know everything. I couldn't imagine myself fitting in. My very first day there one trainer made me stand practically in the centre of the gym to do warm exercises. I'd felt really funny as if all eyes were peeringat me. As I looked around it wasn't so. Later I realised there were more people like me who didn't know much about the machines in the gym. Within a day my fear was gone. All it had needed was me taking that one step inside the gym.

The second quotation puts into words what I have been feeling since I started going to the gym two months back. The new result is not just the kilograms of weight lost. I am happier than before. I am more confident than before. I want to learn new things. I am willing to go for morning walks with Daddy on Sundays. And I am thoroughly enjoying all the attention that I am getting now.

So, do not let fear hold you back from bringing about a new change in your life, whether its personal or professional.

No comments: