Saturday, August 04, 2007

My all weather friend

Today is 5th August and Friendship's Day. Therefore, I've decided to dedicate this post to my all weather friend- Daddy. He has always been there for me. He is the one I always turn to when I need advice. He is the first one I share any good news with, be it about my triumphs at gym or reactions to my presentations or singing or the funny going on's in my lab. Daddy is very easy to talk to and its just wonderful to hear him speak on so many issues with such ease.


The best thing about him is how well he understands what I want even when I don't say it. For example, yesterday when I woke up late I asked Daddy why he allowed me to sleep so late, he answered that he knew that I wasn't in a mood to go to the gym otherwise like everyday I would have set an alarm. And indeed it was so!!


The worst thing about Daddy is how he somehow manages to spoil all the secrets. Like once my sister and I were hiding under the razaai a gift which we wanted to give Daddy as a surprise on his birthday. But before we could do that he removed the razaai from exactly that spot in order to keep tea cups for us when he had the whole bed to place the tray!! Then he has a knack of discovering what chocolates I have been eating by accidently discovering the wrappers that I hide under my bed.


Another thing that he is very good at is fooling me. On one of my birthday's I woke up very excitedly. First Daddy only gave me a card saying he was very busy so couldn't get a gift for me. I felt instantly upset but the very next moment put on a smile saying its ok. Thats when Daddy produced my gift. I had been longing for wind chimes those days and thats what he had got for me. Then another incident is related to Daddy's birthday two years back. I had placed his gift on the table before going off to sleep. When I woke up in the morning I asked him how he liked his gift, he said he didn't notice the gift. Feeling irritated I was forced to get out of bed when I realised he was just joking!!

In a nutsell its great fun being my Daddy's daughter. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey nice blog......Happy F.D

Visit mine :

http://travelogueworthtwocents.blogspot.com/

Blogrolled you.....

Vibgyor said...

This post reminds me of d weekend that i had spent with u and uncle in pune.i remember uncle woke me up on monday morning and i wanted to sleep a little longer.He actually made me feel at home:) and breakfast was ready on the table.I like the way he calls u mitthu:))

Tuhina Adit Maark said...

@vibgyor

yeah... Daddy does manage to charm all my friends. :D

!! said...

heyyy,
I have really missed my dad...sometimes I feel dead when I remember I dont meet him anymore :((((((
God may bless your dad,he is really really something with a great sense of humor!!!!

I do like him very much.