Monday, August 20, 2007

Instant dismissal

Most of us tend to believe in conventions and so end up instantly dismissing people and their ideas without giving a thought to the efforts and feelings these people might have put in.

Take for example a personal blog. If I am not pouring out my innermost feelings for once and writing something very simple like quotations or putting the lyrics of a song or a poem that I happen to like then why should someone label it as a "zabardasti ka post" (a post out of compulsion)? Does there have to be some deep hidden meaning behind every post of mine for it to be called one? A lyricist does not have to fall in or out of love every time in order to write a song for that situation in a film!! I don't have to be on the verge of losing hope if I want to post on my blog on the same topic!!

Another instance is when in love you are supposed to behave in a certain manner, say particular things and remember each and every move of the person you love. But even if we somewhat fail in these attempts that should not be the reason for anyone to dismiss all those emotions that we had felt for real.


In our professional life we'll come across those who'll tell you that your work is nothing great. They'll try to put you down and very brutally instantly dismiss everything you've achieved. Such situations demand that we have confidence in ourselves. And if our results were incorrect then we've simply got to pull up our sleeves and prepare to slog.


We also have a habit of getting influenced by looks. But we should not turn a first bad impression into a last impression. We should have faith in the goodness of people and shouldn't shy away from giving them a second chance.


I really wish we (incuding myself) could stop being very critical and hold ourselves from walking over other people's genuine endeavours.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: By tradition this has become a real post which have been compelled to write. :p

4 comments:

Azahar Machwe said...

If you don't feel then you can never give 100%.
A song writer, if he hasn't felt love, can not write a truly touching song about it. If you have never lost hope, or if you are feeling positive, then you cannot do justice to the topic of loosing hope.
There always has to be a meaning behind everything. :) It may not have a 'deeper meaning' but a meaning should be there. Something that connects you to the song or lyrics or quote that you have posted.
Otherwise what is it that makes it personal and not just a copy paste?

Manipal said...

Tuhina, life will turn very simple, if everyone understands the feelings of others.... By the way who told dat u'r not doing anything gr8...........

Tuhina Adit Maark said...

All the songs, poems or quotes that I've put on my blog have touched me in some way and that's why they are there. If that wasn't the case then there'd be a million more such posts on my blog! Ofcourse there is a meaning behind each of them and in some cases what you call a "deeper meaning"

And btw I don't copy paste song lyrics atleast. I end up singing the songs over and over. And when I've learnt them only then do I write the lyrics!!

And as far as the hope post is concerned I may never be able to do justice to it because I have thankfully so far never lost hope and hopefully I may never. :)

Tuhina Adit Maark said...

@lallu: Nobody told me that my work was not great. :) But I've heard profs do that to others. :(