Saturday, April 16, 2011

UK trip (2): Art work

In the first post in this series I had described my husband's and mine one day trip to London, One of the sights that I thought was very picturesque was the London Tower Bridge which after a long time inspired me to sharpen a pencil and dig out my art book. As a result this is how my day progressed...

(1) I struggled in the morning to even get a decent rough outline. By noon all I had on paper was:







(2) After a good lunch and a chat with my father, I felt energized to begin adding details. I tackled the left side first. By 5 pm this is what I got:




(3) I then treated myself to a much deserved snack and shifted my focus to the right side of the outline. By 6.30 pm I could see some improvement:





(4) I nearly thought of leaving the rest for Sunday but listening to some peppy music changed my mood. Feeling uplifted I again picked up my pencil. By the time I was done it was 8.40 pm.




(5) At the end of the day this is how my sketch compared with the photo on I based it:



____________________________________________


PS: How did you find it? Is there a good resemblance? Did I do well?

12 comments:

Ranjan said...

All I can say is WOW !!

Ranjan said...

Beautiful indeed! Would like to see more art like this.

Tuhina Adit Maark said...

Thank you Daddy. I am planning to take more time out for such things.

Prerna Arun said...

Lovely sketch. I didnt know that you were gud at sketching

Lalitha said...

Well done Mitu. Its really nice.

Tuhina Adit Maark said...

Thank you Prerna and Lalitha.

Black coffee said...

wow..its awesome man...should I send you my photo? ;)

Tuhina Adit Maark said...

thanks Ideh... sadly i am not good at sketching faces. so can't guarantee success. :D

TKS said...

Beautiful ...I am absolutely amazed !!

Tuhina Adit Maark said...

thank you Tarsheen.

H..B.. said...

Aaarrghhh... Damn. Cud u please tell me - "Which one is original photograph and which one is sketched out?" Then probably I'll better be able to play - "Find the differences :-)"

P.S. Good work. Appreciate it.

Tuhina Adit Maark said...

OMG Hitesh! That is some compliment. And I happily accept it. :)