Monday, October 08, 2007

Love you... Aamir

Aamir Khan has finally revived his website http://www.aamirkhan.com/ and in what a smashing way!!


Aamir Khan is going to show the very first preview of his directorial debut Tare Zameen Par on his website. He is going to continue blogging with all the original posts and comments being shifted to aamirkhan.com. The most exciting news is the feature of a 24x7 live chat room where he'll drop in somtimes by announcing earlier and on other occasions as a surprise. In his personal chat he'll invite some chosen few to chat with him one on one until he decides to stop.


Amazing right!!


As always Aamir Khan's ideas are original and I love him for that.


I am copying his latest and also the last post on the Lagaan Blog here for everyone to know what my favourite actor is upto. :)


"Goodbye. Last post.


Well folks, all good things must come to an end and it is with a heavy heart that I inform you that this is my last post on this blog. I want you all to know how much I have enjoyed interacting with you’ll and will terribly miss this very intimate space that I shared with you. I know that along with me many of you have also gotten used to this space and have got used to hanging out here. Friendships have been formed here and new acquaintances made. Ideas exchanged and comfort zones created. Not to mention squabbles. Unfortunately all of this will have to end now. The reason guys, is that henceforth I will simply not have either the time or the bandwidth to continue with this blog.


Before I get all emotional let me say a quick goodbye and make my exit, as this is tough for me.


Alvida.


Love.

Aamir.


















Gotcha!!!
This blog is coming to an end folks and I wont have the time and bandwidth
because THE PARTY IS SHIFTING TO http://www.aamirkhan.com/

I can’t see your faces right now but I’d give my right arm to be able to.
Sorry guys I couldn’t resist it. Ok let me get serious now.

Over the last few weeks apart from working on the post production of TZP, I
have been working on activating my own web site http://www.aamirkhan.com/ , which is
why I have not been very regular on my blog. Currently I am launching my site
with only two features, one is my blog which will continue as before, and the
second is a chat. This is probably the first of its kind (I think) and it was
developed on specific requirements given by me. This will be a 24/7 live chat.
Anyone wanting to be part of it can just jump in. Whenever I plan to come on
live on to the chat I will give you’ll prior notice…, or I might not. Which
means, that if I have 10 mts free I can log on, and if I see an interesting chat
taking place then I can just join in. Also this chat will have two rooms. One is
the general chat room where everyone will be and the other is my personal room.
So I can pick anyone from the general chat room into my personal room to have a
one on one. Every one can watch us chat while they continue in the general room
but you can’t come in. You come in only if I click on one of you, and leave when
I want to invite someone else. Got It? Well once you see it on the site you’ll
get the picture. Importantly if I chat from a computer which has a camera then
you’ll see me live as I type. I hope this puts an end to speculations about
whether its really “me”.

Also, to view my site you don’t have to register, but to post a comment on
the blog or to take part in the chat you do have to.

Ok now for some time lines.

1. This blog i.e. lagaandvd.com will cease to function on the 9th Oct at
precisely 11:59pm Indian Standard Time. All the posts on this blog will carry
forward into the archives of aamirkhan.com, so you can still access all the
earlier posts and comments.

2. www.aamirkhan.com will be operational from 10th Oct at 12:01am Indian
Standard Time. And hopefully my first post on http://www.aamirkhan.com/ will be up
then.

3. On 10th Oct at 9pm Indian Standard Time I will come on for my first live
chat with y’all. I will remain live for precisely one hour 9pm to 10pm. So make
sure you have registered before that.

4. On 11th Oct I will reveal to y’all the first images of TAARE ZAMEEN PAR.
This will be through a curtain raiser that will be on the site http://www.taarezameenpar.com/ .
Remember I had promised that y’all will be the first to see anything of the
film. Well here it is. This curtain raiser breaks world wide in theatres on 12th
Oct, but you can see it on the 11th at http://www.taarezameenpar.com/

5. On 12th Oct the curtain raiser breaks in theatres world wide and I would
really like it if y’all could catch it on the BIG screen, 5.1 Dolby surround
sound and all.

6. On 13th Oct I will once again come on live from 8pm to 9pm IST. By now
I’ll be dying with anxiety to hear what you’ll think of the curtain raiser.

At this point I would like to thank Carlton and his team at hungama.com,
Kalpendu, Nishant, Ninad, Aditya and Manesh who are from the creative team, and
Tarun who is from the tech team. These are the people who were behind the
lagaandvd blog. And thanks to Mandar, Gauri and Kalpendu for developing the chat
which I will be using on ak.com.

I’d like to clarify that within the given time I have not been able to work
in other features yet on ak.com, but I’ll keep adding them as we go along. Also
I’ve had absolutely no time to work on the design front so right now ak.com is
extremely plain and simple, no frills.

So see y'all next on http://www.aamirkhan.com/ "


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

His website & Blog is Amazing...

Thomas,
Articles