Friday, October 17, 2008

How to cheer up yourself?

A couple of days back I was feeling really bugged and irritated. In a somewhat off mood I reached home. I even placed "Need cheering up!" as a custom message on gtalk. But by the time some of my friends IMed me back to find out what was wrong at my end, I had already begun to feel happy. How come? Read on to know the different ways to give yourself a kick.

1. Watch any rerun of the Friends series. *It got me laughing out loudly.*

2. Plan a vacation for pure pleasure and leisure. *I am already thinking about having one to London having realised that conference related trips are always hectic.*

3. Pursue an old forgotten hobby of yours for a day. *I have decided that tomorrow being Saturday I'll do some amateur sketching.*

4. Shop but not necessarily till you drop. Try out t-shirts, skirts, kurtas,etc that are typically not your style. You might end up discovering liking the change. Plus remember there's no charge on entering the trial room. At the same time do splurge a bit. *What this means is that I might be paying a visit to Westside on Sunday. :-)*

5. Dance. Put on some dhinchak music and just let yourself go. *This whole week Daddy is going to be in Bangalore so now you know how I am going to keep myself entertained.*

6. Some people say exercise. Exercising produces endorphins and endorphins make you feel happy. *Since the roads and footpaths have been set right starting from NCL to my place, a distance of about 3.5 kms, thanks to the Commonwealth Youth Games being held in Pune, I have started going home by walking. Lets see how long can I keep up with it.*

7. Read books that you used to gorge on in school. *Even now sometimes I get hold of my old Enid Blyton's like St. Clares and Five Find Outers and reading them always make me smile.*

8. Get a new hair cut and also get everybody's attention the next day. *I already did this before leaving for Sydney. So can't repeat the act so soon again. :p*

9. Party and get to know new people. This is what a friend suggested to me. *I think I'll follow this advice during my Singapore trip. ;-)*

and finally

10. Simply talk to/chat with some mad cap friends of yours. *This one always works for me. Hehehe*

So go ahead and list out your favourite things, like in this famous song from The Sound of Music, which will keep you away from feeling sad.

Movie: The Sound of Music
Music: Richard Rodgers
Lyrics: Oscar Hammerstein II
Singer: Julie Andrews

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

No comments: