Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Rock on!

We are always advised by our friends and peers to move on or in today's lingo rock on whenever we suffer a personal or professional setback. We are told to cross the boulder or push it aside and keep walking. I am always reminded on such occasions of a few lines of a poem that my Sanskrit teacher in school had long ago recited to us during a class. The poem said

Chalna hai keval chalna jeevan chalta hi rehta hai
Ruk
jaana hi mit jaana hai nirjhar yeh jharkar kehta hai

(Moving and only moving, life always keeps moving on
To stop is to meet your end, tells us the ever flowing waterfall)

These few words have stayed with me ever since I first heard them in class 9th and have always given me the necessary push.

The reason I recalled the above lines is the following dialogue that I heard in the movie Jodha Akbar:
Paani aur tamanna ki ek hi taaseer hoti hai... aage badhte rehna.


No comments: