Friday, March 28, 2008

Reality bites

I had a short discussion with a friend regarding my Missing Something post. It began with me telling him how for no particular reason the slogan "Is there something missing in your life?" had stuck with me. The slogan is somewhat unsettling because it makes you wonder immediately about what it is that you don't have but at the same time have a strong desire for.

My friend then told me about the slogan that he likes. It says "The rest of your life - starts now." He said that unlike my slogan this one is not just positive in nature but reality based. In his own words this slogan means "That chillax dude... what's done is over. Now you have the rest of your life."

As I write now and give a second thought to the first phrase I realize that it has a positive connotation as well. It makes you sit up and take a peek into your life. You may have been living happily all the while not knowing that something essential was not there. The flip side is it does not tell what action to take after finding that missing something. This is exactly where the second slogan scores. It not only tells you to begin things afresh but also the time to do so. Many occasions we are wanting to make a change but are unsure of the moment to bring it about. This slogan says "DO IT NOW".


5 comments:

!!! Cheenu !!!! said...

Nice Work

Unknown said...

Everyone has some and at the same time miss some things in life, you have the choice of enjoying the things you already have or striving for things you miss .....I guess, humans always go for the second one (remember the movie Bawarchi?) ....so there you go.

Tuhina Adit Maark said...

@R&M: Thanks for finally giving in to my pleas and giving comments. Please keep your words flowing. :D

Anonymous said...

it is quiet needed to be positive inside,regardless of what happens outside,then you will be able to start at any time and win!!!!
But it is not easy at all..at least with my experience!!!!

Azahar Machwe said...

Is your life ________ something?

Is your life missing something?

Is your life meaning something?

Is your life about something?

DO IT NOW is good.. what what do you DO and what it means to be doing it?