Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Fare thee well


Today as someone told me that he had packed his bags and was ready to shift into a new home, the time when I had bid farewell to my IITB Hostel-10 days flashed before my eyes.

I had collected so many things in those two years of M.Sc. in my small hostel room that I didn't know where to begin packing. So I did what I always do in times of trouble and that was ask for help from my elder sister. She came all the way from Delhi to Mumbai taking leave from office. In those two days I did nothing but look on as she went on doing her job. She even found time to treat me and my friends at Birdy's Pizza and Uttam Da Dhaba.


This year I'll be saying my bye-byes to NCL and will be moving to Bangalore. There are paraphernalia that I have kept safely with me since I was a kid such as school journals, English reader books, my favourite Sanskrit notes, my Aamir Khan scrapbooks and hundreds of his photos, gifts and cards received from friends, all my registers and books and photocopies from college till date, then several novels starting from Five Find-outers, and finally the photo albums carrying all the memories.

Once again I find myself clueless about how to go about performing this elephantine task. What is likely to make packing my belongings still more difficult this time is the mixed feelings I am going to have. It will be like a seesaw of emotions with the sadness associated with adieus pulling me down and the excitement of starting a new phase of my life lifting me up.

4 comments:

Adit said...

You still have lots of time to pack :-P

Tuhina Adit Maark said...

Yes... true Adit. And this time I also have you for help. :-)

Adit said...

Everytime from now on :)

Azahar Machwe said...

:P looking at the list of stuff Tuhina mentioned, you guys might also need packers and movers to help you! ;)