Friday, March 28, 2008

Wishing well

During a chat a friend of mine said to me "If wishes were horses I wish they could fly." It made me wonder what form I'd want wishes to have and I came up with this short poem. Hope you like it. :)
If wishes were horses,
I wish they could fly

If wishes were flowers,
I wish they would never die

If wishes were flames,
I wish they would always be glowing
If wishes were raindrops,
I wish they would go on endlessly pouring

If wishes were burning candles,
I wish they would never melt
If wishes were wishes,
I wish they were truly meant

2 comments:

Unknown said...

humm... Quite a nice work actually.
However, the original one goes like this...

If wishes were horses,
beggars would ride.

If turnips were watches,
I would wear one by my side.

And if "ifs" and "ands,"
Were pots and pans,
There'd be no work for tinkers!

Azahar Machwe said...

If then what else?

;)