Saturday, February 14, 2009

Bangalore tales (2): A prayer I say

My two Bangalore visits last month were not only sources of professional insight but also of great personal happiness. So much so that they've made me say the following prayer ever since I've returned.


A prayer I specially say today
Dear God to seek forgiveness.
If ever I failed before this moment
to be grateful for Your acts of kindness.

A prayer of thanks I also offer
Dear God for even the times that were bad.
If not for them I wouldn't have known
the value of what I now have.

A prayer I sincerely make
Dear God so that I may hurt "someone" never.

In thought and word and
through deed I only give him joy forever.

A prayer for blessings I finally ask
Dear God to shower on the bond newly made.
I wish that neither time nor distance
to cause the love from those hearts fade.

12 comments:

Azahar Machwe said...

Nice one :) Like the last para.

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful prayer.

Anonymous said...

Lovely :)

Unknown said...

now I know what you were doing during the talks at the conference :) ...Happy Valentine's day!!

Tuhina Adit Maark said...

@Adit, Neha and Azahar: Thanks.

@Manish: Yeah... I am a good girl. I was praying to God. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Ladies n Gentlemen.... she was a good girl praying to God. But who was in her mind when she was praying??

Answer: Observe the first alphabet in every line, in each para and then read it vertically.
;-)

Unknown said...

Ohh my god!! intense!!

PS: Hi Adit :-) ....since tuhina won't fomally introduce us, I will take the liberty to use her blog to do that. I am Manish, Tuhina's classmate in high school and an old (good?) friend.

Anonymous said...

Dear Manish, how are you doing? Hope things are good at your end. Nice to meet you(virtually offcourse) :). Nice to know you were Tuhina's classmate in high school. Do take care and keep the comments flowing ;-)

Tuhina Adit Maark said...

@ Adt and Manish: Firstly this blog is not meant for building a network of friends.

And secondly.. neither of you are good at keep secrets! Manish you blurted out my name and Adit well you know what you did. :P

Anonymous said...

My Home Minister is in total command now :-)

TKS said...

A little late to comment - read it today only :)
Amazing thoughts and amazing expression is all i can say....
Good luck ...when is D day ?

Tuhina Adit Maark said...

@TKS: Thanks Tarsheen. D-day is now exactly 10 days away. :-)