Sunday, September 24, 2006

Something about me

Let me begin by introducing myself. I am NCLGIRL. The name comes from my workplace. NCL stands for National Chemical Laboratory where I am doing Ph.D. I had never thought that I'll be studying this long. Had I known this in class eighth then I probably would have been a lawyer today. My elder sister nicely spooked me out when I was still in school by telling me that I would have to put in at least nine years of study and even after that the only job I'd get would be that of swearing in the witnesses in court.

That said I am happy with what I am doing now. Ever since I had done a one month project at NCL after my second year at college I had wanted to return there to work. I was very impressed with the magnetic doors really. :D Plus the scientists that I'd met there were very down to earth. Infact things haven't changed in all these years. Some of the most knowledgeable scientists here are the most simple people who interact with us students like our friends. So while the atmosphere at NCL remains the same, it has changed me.

I used to be extremely shy in school and college. I was never one of those who raised their hands to ask a question or answer one. I preferred sitting in the audience during events rather than setting my foot on stage. But its not so any more. These might seem small things to some people but not to me.

That's enough of serious talk. On the lighter side let me talk about movies. I am a big time Aamir Khan fan. He is my first crush and first love. My Boss however doesn't think that I can be in love with AK because I have never met the actor in question. Hehehe. Well... but then Sir hasn't seen my huge collection of Aamir Khan photos, interviews and articles which I've been maintaining since class ninth. I've used some of these to make two scrapbooks and I'll need countless more to put in every bit of paper cutting that I have.

I've watched all of Aamir Khan films but the ones that I simply love are Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar, Akele Hum Akele Tum, Sarfarosh, Lagaan, Dil Chahta Hai and Rang De Basanti. He can enact dramatic, romantic and emotional scenes with an unparalleled ease. He becomes all these characters and makes you fall in love with each one of them. I can just go on and on about my favourite hero really. But let me save this topic for another post.

I guess I've written quite a bit but there's just one more thing to tell. The title of my blog is inspired by the name of my school's wallpaper called The Scribbler. I had thoroughly enjoyed my stint as the Student Editor. But I stopped writing after passing out of school. Thanks to this blog however, I am back at it again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh! you told Sir about your crush on AK????
Any keep up the blogging spirit :)

Anonymous said...

Darn! How do I modify my comment :D

Anonymous said...

heyyyyy,
welcome to the blogging world.
It's quite fun....

Anonymous said...

NCLGIRL ....Bravo!!