Thursday, September 28, 2006

My favourite romantic movie dialogues

1. My Best Friend's Wedding
Michael: Kimmy says if you love someone you say it, you say it right then, out loud. Otherwise the moment just...
Julianne: Passes you by...
Michael: Passes you by...






2. Notting Hill
William: I live in Notting Hill. You live in Beverly Hills. Everyone in the world knows who you are, my mother has trouble remembering my name.
Anna: I'm also just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.


3. Jerry Maguire
Jerry: I love you. You... complete me.
Dorothy: Shut up. Just shut up. You had me at "hello."




4. When Harry Met Sally
Harry: I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.

5. You've Got Mail
Joe: You know, sometimes I wonder...
Kathleen: What?
Joe: Well... if i hadn't been "Fox Books" and you hadn't been "The Shop Around the Corner," and you and I had just met...
Kathleen: I know.
Joe: Yeah, yeah. I would've asked for your number. And I wouldn't have been able to wait 24 hours before calling you up and saying, Hey, how about... oh, how about some coffee, or drinks, or dinner, or a movie... for as long as we both shall live?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do agree veryyyyyyyyyyyy muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh with all the movies,specially you've got mail!!! I love it.
I also like French kiss and Cith of angles.
watch them if you haven't yet.

Anonymous said...

Awesome...
Add some more...
I'd go for runaway bride when Richard Gere goes on to say that there will be bad times...

HB said...

I have a feeling, this post is "INSPIRED" from one of the email forwards I had received long back.. though it had 10 of the most famous and cherished references.

Yeah, I am ruthless to some extent, but thats the way I have been all along.. aint it so ?

Oh well, by the way, you may consider adding the famous lines from "As good as it get". I quote here ---

Melvin Udall: I've got a really great compliment for you, and it's true.
Carol Connelly: I'm so afraid you're about to say something awful.
Melvin Udall: Don't be pessimistic, it's not your style. Okay, here I go: Clearly, a mistake. I've got this, what - ailment? My doctor, a shrink that I used to go to all the time, he says that in fifty or sixty percent of the cases, a pill really helps. I *hate* pills, very dangerous thing, pills. Hate. I'm using the word "hate" here, about pills. Hate. My compliment is, that night when you came over and told me that you would never... well, you were there, you know what you said. Well, my compliment to you is, the next morning, I started taking the pills.
Carol Connelly: I don't quite get how that's a compliment for me.
Melvin Udall: You make me want to be a better man.
Carol Connelly: ...That's maybe the best compliment of my life.
Melvin Udall: Well, maybe I overshot a little, because I was aiming at just enough to keep you from walking out.

Tuhina Adit Maark said...

Spotted well. The original was indeed a forward I had received in an email. But I don't think I included all those dialogues. I made my own list.

Since then I have followed it up with http://nclgirl.blogspot.com/2009/06/more-romantic-movie-dialogues.html and http://nclgirl.blogspot.com/2010/12/some-more-romantic-movie-dialogues.html. In the first one you will find the As Good As It Gets dialogue that I like. :)