Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Heart, we will forget him!

Heart, we will forget him!
You and I, to-night!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.
When you have done, pray tell me,
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging,
I may remember him!

This is a poem written by Emily Dickinson which I came across a month or two ago. I had actually written it down and put it on my cupboard as a reminder to forget him but I ended up remembering him. There's a dialogue in this Aishwarya Rai film Kyon Ho Gaya Na which says "pyar ke liye sirf ek pal ki zaroorat hoti hai"... all love needs is a moment. But then why can't we fall out of love as easily? I'd heard this song from the film Mohra where the hero, suspecting his ladylove to have been unfaithful, croons:
Ae kash kahin aisa hota
Ki do dil hote seene mein
Ek toot bhi jaata ishq mein toh
Takleef na hoti jeene mein
I believe every person nursing a broken heart would want this to be true. :) But alas...

No comments: