Thursday, May 07, 2009

Wanting more


In the book Oliver Twist there comes a time when all the boys in the workhouse are at the point of rebellion as they are much starved because of the meager amounts of gruel served to them during meals. Lots are drawn and Oliver is chosen to walk up to the manager after supper and say the now famous dialogue:

"Please, Sir, I want some more."

These days I find myself asking the same but for a different kind of hunger. Be it time, love, money or praise I don't feel satiated. Its not that I am being deprived of any of these or that what I have is too less. I simply crave for something beyond that.

This makes me question whether its right to feel like this in a world full of people suffering from deficiencies. But then wouldn't we be just in one place without our desires and ambitions of wanting more? Until you don't ask how will you receive?

3 comments:

Adit said...

Your hunger will be satisifed very soon ;-)

Tuhina Adit Maark said...

@Adit: How did you know that my luck for the week says that I am going to be showered by love and affection? :p

Adit said...

Thats a nice cover up ;) :P