Friday, May 01, 2009

Bend it like....

It is said that how flexible you are as a person can be determined from your thumb. People who can bend their thumbs to a great angle are normally willing to listen to reason while those who like me can't, are most likely to be stubborn in nature.

And sometimes I can really be unyielding.

You can see it in my resoluteness to not wanting to learn Marathi or Bengali. Many tried to teach me and failed. In comparison I am making way better progress at picking up Tamil now.

Perhaps my eagerness for attempting any new thing is inversely proportional to the pressure being exerted on me by people to do the same. For instance, in 2006 quite a few of my friends advised me to lose weight. Their suggestions meant well and held reason but instead had an opposite effect on me. I was irritated to the extent that I refused to do anything about it. A year later the story was different. One fine day I on my own joined the gym. What followed was four months of rigorous exercises and a strong determination to keep myself away from tasty high calorie pleasures. Honestly I am keen on getting back into that mode again but my attention is currently directed towards achieving other equally important short term goals.

Being obstinate is "not good". One should be open to suggestions. I understand that if an argument is valid then we should accept it graciously. But since my thumb does not allow me I take my time to do so.

:D

4 comments:

Debomita said...

Liked your post. :-)

Adit said...

One needs to know the art of making a hard metal melt :D

Vibgyor said...

Good luck to Adit, I am his fan already..seems he knows good metal work ;)

Adit said...

Thank you Vibgyor(Identity Undisclosed ;-)). Nice to meet you. My Fiancee has spoken a lot about you. Im very happy to meet you :-).