Friday, June 13, 2008

Tip tip tip tip baarish


The weather has changed here in Pune and so have I along with it. Two weeks back it was sweltering and hot, with sun rays that were practically roasting my skin. Along with that I was feeling overworked. I wanted to finish some calculations as soon as possible. But they were taking there own time. All this was getting on my nerves.

Then suddenly one fine day the sky was filled with dark clouds which burst out pouring. The fury was such that it reminded me of the incessant Mumbai rains. Due to the heavy downpour the electricity went out and so all computers were shut down. I should have cursed the raingods but instead I felt light headed.

Since then its been a lovely atmosphere here. There is a cool breeze blowing all the time in which you enjoy letting your hair down. There are thick clouds but it only drizzles and you don't mind getting sprayed by those drops of water. In fact its refreshing. I am no longer fixing any deadline for my work. I've decided to follow the que sera sera rule and let things happen at their own speed. I am happy to sing two of my favourite rain songs again and again whenever I have nothing else to do. I am putting the lyrics below.
Film: Jurmana
Music: R. D. Burman
Lyrics: Anand Bakshi
Singer: Lata Mangeshkar

Saawan ke jhoole padhe
Tum chale aao
Tum chale aao
Tum chale aao
Saawan ke jhoole pade...
Aanchal naa chode mera
Paagal hui hai pawan
Ab kya karoon main jatan
Dhadke jiyaa jaise panchhi ude
Saawan ke jhoole padhe...
Dil ne pukara tumhe
Yaadon ke parades se
Aati hain jo des se
Hum us dagar pe hain kab se khadhe
Saawan ke jhoole padhe...
Jab hum mile the piya
Tum kitne nadaan the
Hum kitane anjaan the
Baali umariya mein naina ladhe
Saawan ke jhoole padhe...

Film: Khamoshi-The Musical
Music: Jatin-Lalit
Lyrics: Majrooh Sultanpuri
Singers: Kavita Krishnamurti and Shraddha Pandit

Mausam ke sargam ko sun
Kya gaa raha hai samaa
Tu bhi gaa tere sang
Gaaye saara jahan
Gaaye ja Gaaye ja Gaaye ja
Har sur pe dil yoon dhadke
Ke saanson mein agan bhadke
Sun kar ye sada
Har sur...
Aise aaj gaa khamoshi bol uthe
Palkein bheeg jaayein jal barse bina ghata
Gaaye ja...
Phir ek din le jaayega
Ghunghta tera uthaayega
Koi rajkumar
Phir ek...
Phir yeh roop rang
Ban jaayega chaman
Hoga ang-ang ek masti bhari phuhaar
Gaaye ja...
Mausam ke sargam...

No comments: