Saturday, May 17, 2008

Patient timing

I woke up about 40 min back and as I was making my bed tea still half asleep I ended up complaining:

"I seem to be running out of patience for two kinds of things.
Those which I can't wait for to end.
And those which I just can't to wait to start."

This quote obviously had nothing to do with my act of making tea. It was a result of the dream that I had just before getting up. The dream I am going to keep a secret. What I will reveal is that I suddenly found myself wide awake as I started thinking a little bit more about my pronouncement.

If there were only two such types of events in my life then I would be happy with the rate at which time has been running for me. But it was only yesterday when I asked a friend of mine whether there was some way I could slow it down. Which means there are other situations belonging to a third category that are also occurring. These are the ones which require a long spell in order to work out in the end and thus are the ones which test our patience.

I guess a solution to my woes would be if I could work in two different time zones - slow and fast. Then by going back and forth I could make the things for which I had no restraint happen quickly without having to wait for the long drawn out periods to get over first.

No comments: