Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Collage of dreams

Last to last weekend I was alone at home and as always no nice movie that I hadn't seen before was coming on tv. I wanted to do something creative but not by writing. I still had a huge card board to myself left over from my previous attempt at art work. So I was tempted to use it.

I had caught this episode on Pogo (again!) where the anchor was telling kids (like me!!) how they could make a poster for their bedroom door. All you needed were old useless magazines, gum and a card board/chart paper. Just cut out different interesting looking alphabets in large font and pictures that attract you. Like if you love a particular actor then you could take a bunch of his photos. Or if you liked rock music then you could use cuttings of rock bands and their instruments like drums. If you love flowers then pick out your favorite ones from the magazines. Use a series of alphabets to construct a special phrase like "Do not enter!" or "Enter at your own risk!" or "Only meant for Aamir Khan!!" which reflects your personality and the type of photographs you picked. Then arrange them in the manner you like and once decided on the positions paste all the pieces.

I didn't exactly follow this procedure. As I was going through the magazines some words caught my attention. I realized the reason was these are things that I dream of... wishes that I want to come true. So instead of only taking alphabets I cut out full words. Sometimes I used scissors to get a fine edge while some I cut roughly by hands like is the style while making a collage. To break the monotony in a few places I added photos and allowed them to overlap with my "dreams".

The final result I have put on my bedroom's door and for those who don't have access to it here below.

2 comments:

!! said...

nice!
I am gonna do it either!!!!!!!!!

Tuhina Adit Maark said...

@!!: great... i'd love to see the final result.