Saturday, April 12, 2008

My 150th post



This is my 150th post and as always I was left wondering what my post should be to mark this grand occasion. So I thought why not in place of writing something I indulge in some art work. About two weeks back I happened to catch this show on Pogo channel. The host showed this great style of art which I have used here. Its so easy that anyone can do it. I am putting down the steps for those wanting to try and have some fun.

1. Pick a photograph of your choice.
2. Place a tracing paper on top of this photo and draw out the outline on the tracing paper with a black sketch pen.
3. Make about 5-6 (or as many) photocopies of this outline on white sheets.
4. Now fill these outlines with bright colors. You could also use polka dots or stars to fill in the blank spaces.
5. Fill all the sheets in different ways and then stick them on a bright colored card paper.
6. Now frame the end result.

I however did things a bit differently. I was eager to start but I found that didn't have a tracing paper and that my niece's pictures were only on the computer... there were no prints. So firstly I chose a mix of pictures of my niece that I love. Then I used Microsoft Photo Editor in the "stamp" mode to create the outlines. I took print outs on normal A4 size sheets and went on a coloring spree using crayons instead of paints. Since I couldn't get a card paper I bought a light blue colored chart paper and cardboard sheet. When I placed my colored pictures on it, the background looked dull. So I used water colors and painted the chart paper red. It was quite a job to get a decent consistency. Finally when the paper got dried I stuck my pictures on it and then I pasted the chart paper on a card board cut out for the same dimensions.

The end result is for you to see.












5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.

-Neha

Anonymous said...

Looking beautiful. You really take lot of efforts to write a blog.
My appreciations!! :)

Madhura

Anonymous said...

GOOD JOB.

-Divya

Vibgyor said...

hey, i still have a card that u gave me in school. the design on it was stitched by a thread. Then i was amazed by ur rangoli and now this...u can give coaching to people like me :)

Azahar Machwe said...

:D Congrats on the 150th post!

The drawings are amazing... you should also put some of the things you have on your orkut profile here.

:)