Sunday, December 28, 2008

To new "beginnings"

Christmas is over and we have now come to that part of 2008 when everybody is looking forward to the new year. Everybody at this time is reminiscing all that happened in the past twelve months. However bad the bygone 365 days might have been everybody is hopeful of the tide changing with the setting of January the First. There's a vigor, excitement and desire to start some projects afresh and to bring others to completion.

2008 has so far been very good to me. Two of my papers got published with a third one waiting to be uploaded soon. Instead of one stamp on my passport, I got two! I presented an invited lecture at an international conference. On the personal front I was gifted with a niece who filled my life with happiness. I found a certain precious thing I'd never had and threw away that no longer held any meaning.

I am now waiting with bated breath for 2009 to arrive. I have a simple two-point plan.

Someone very wise told me "You set your own standards." I am going to remind myself to always place the bar high. To try and do the best I can.

In the film The Holiday, Miles (Jack Black) says to Iris (Kate Winslet), "Iris if you were a melody... I'd use only the good notes." That is what I want to do... use only the good notes... make the sweetest melody.

:)

No comments: