Thursday, October 30, 2008

Yesterday, today, tomorrow

Yesterday I found saying to myself that eventhough my Singapore official tour was nearing I was feeling not even close to excitement. Ofcourse I had jumped with joy on finally getting my visa and buying my tickets which was just last week but was somehow looking like ages ago. The fact that I couldn't find anything nice in Westside when I went shopping in the evening further dampened my spirits.

Today is a new story all together. My Boss had told me a couple of days back that since he was not going for the conference he had suggested to the organizers to let me speak on his behalf. But I wasn't sure they would agree since Sir's was an invited talk and not a regular oral presentation. So it came as a pleasant surprise when Sir told me in the morning that the organizers had actually consented. Further, the icing on the cake was they were letting me talk for the entire 30 min originally alloted to Sir for his invited lecture.

I realized that this indeed is going to be a great oppourtunity for me and a great responsibility as I'll be filling in for my Boss. I am finally beginning to feel goosebumps. To add to the mounting pressure this will be my first international oral presentation!!

Watching and listening to the various speakers during WATOC made me wonder when will I get a chance to be on stage. I could not have then imagined for it to happen so soon. I am really glad and grateful that my Boss not only thought but also took the initiative of suggesting my name.

As a result I am now worrying about tomorrow. Or rather about 11.45am, 5 November, 2008 the time at which my presentation is scheduled.

Everyone, please cross your fingers for me so that all goes well that day. :)

No comments: