Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Aadat ho chuki hai

I've always wondered why is it so difficult for people to give up their addictions for smoking. What initially starts of as a way to give thrill or to just look cool later becomes a habit or aadat. Besides such addictions some of us have irritating habits such as biting nails, picking nose (ew! gross!), moving legs constantly due to restlessness, etc.

It turns out that over the last few years I myself had developed one habit, which I am not going to reveal. What I'll willingly disclose is that its suddenly happened to disappear. I was so used to this thing that I am not feeling myself anymore. I should actually be happy to have done away with something that was occupying a lot of my time. But now that its gone I don't know what to do in these newly found free hours.

I am unable to decide whether I should fill this emptiness with something new or just let it be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aptly said about irritating habits. Another thing that I want to add to your list is people who drop the food outside plate while eating and do not care to pick it up later.

Smoking is a universal issue. The worst is when such people happily ask for a Smoke break at work and in group meetings without realising that they waste other people's time as well.