Thursday, January 31, 2008

Round two

I have after a long break joined the gym all over again. January however I did not do it seriously. I went to the gym only 4 days. There were two reasons for this: (a) Since I go in the morning slot waking up at 6 am is a pain. At that time I am having my best sleep and I hate it when the alarm rings. To make getting up more difficult its pitch dark outside as if it is the middle of night. (b) My niece arrived and I got a happy vacation of a week.

Not wanting to waste my money any more I have begun to go to the gym properly from Monday onwards. I am now going to a new gym aptly named Endurance which I find is better than the previous one I went to. It is way more spacious, has good equipment and its membership is very reasonable. The best thing about it is that they have many instructors whom they have divided around the floor depending upon what kind of exercise you want to do. So you always have help whether you are working out your upper body, lower body, abs or doing stretching. They even have specially designed batches where you can actually have fun while exercising which you can freely join.

A counselor drew up my chart of exercises to carry out. I have been told to note down every time what weights I use, how many repetitions I perform and how many km do I cover during cardio. After a month the counselor will review it and based on the progress may change my chart setting a higher level of workout.

I was reminded that I must maintain my diet something which I haven't done in the last 2 months. Luckily I have not put on too much weight which people had scared me that I will do instantaneously the moment I stop going to the gym. The good news is that some of my friends have been telling me that they think that I have lost more weight even though thats not the case. It feels great to hear such remarks but I am not satisfied. So I have begun to follow my earlier diet chart again.

For the end results wait for my blog entry a month from now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mitu,
After somedays u'r niece might call u didi istead Mausi..........:)