Saturday, December 22, 2007

Delhi again

The last twelve days I was in Delhi. I had gone for work but as usual it was simply a pleasure being there. The fact that it was winters added to the pleasure. I was put up in the same hostel where I had stayed two years back while attending a conference. It brought back some great memories. There is no better movie than the flashback that you see while lying down in a warm razaai or when having a walk in the pleasing winter sun.

Other than getting a lot of time for myself I also got a chance to catch up with old school friends. One I met after 4 years and another after nearly a decade. The ties made because of having gone to the same school can be really strong. Its reason enough to talk to someone years later from having been silent classmates who never said a word to each other.

On my final day in Delhi I got a precious half-an-hour with a very good friend of mine. In the midst of meeting a million people of because his newly changed status from committed to married, he managed to squeeze in some time for me. It was a joy seeing him and his better half. This was the first time I was seeing them together as we reside in different countries. It was simply lovely. I can't explain it but I had this big smile on my face as I left for my way back. I guess it was the realization that we've all grown up... we are no longer in school. Its just that I happen to remember many people exactly the way they looked years ago in our school uniform: a white shirt, a white pant/skirt with a green belt and a green tie and white socks with black gola shoes .

No comments: