Sunday, July 08, 2007

My comments on the Lagaan Blog (1)

I've decided to write my comments on the Lagaan Blog here else they get drowned in the sea of comments already put by people for each of Aamir Khan's posts. His last post has already received 708 comments!!

You might find it funny my addressing to AK directly. :-)

Click on the titles below to see the Aamir Khan's posts.


POST: First step. Aamir.

Welcome to the engaging world of blogging Aamir Khan!

I had always thought that the late release of the Lagaan DVD was some mastermind stroke of yours. I remember you being hailed as a shrewd businessman for the way you publicized Lagaan so its a surprise that the 6 years delay was caused by your ignorance as a producer.

Ofcourse people are still interested in Lagaan. It is one of a kind. You just have to do a google search to find out for yourself. I myself had recently posted on my blog lyrics of all the songs and some dialogues from the movie. Its obvious the Lagaan effect has not dwindled with time and everyone will throng to buy its DVD. The film is a classic.


POST: Refreshing

It is shocking to read that Aamir Khan is scared of using the the computer! How can it be so? You are in a field which is creative and at the same time very technical. Complete movies are being made using computer graphics!! And managing a blog is really easy. People have used it as a medium to write books, to launch campaigns and to publicize companies.

"A while" doesn't describe the years your website has been in the construction mode. I have lost hope on ever seeing it in an active state. If you had really wanted to start it you would have done so by now.

I would love to know more about the making of Lagaan. Why not tell about incidents that have not been talked about in either Chale Chalo or Spirit of Lagaan.


POST: Do I need to give a title each time?

A title gives the reader an idea of what the post is going to be about. Its like the taglines which all movie names are accompanied with these days. I remember Lagaan's was "Once upon a time in India". So yeah... I'd prefer if each post had a title.

Why would you require to spend 3 months in a village in UP to prepare for the role of Bhuvan? What if you were to play an astronaut in a film? What if you were to be a scientist in a movie or a politician? What if you were to act in a dark movie on the underworld?

No comments: