Sunday, March 25, 2007

Why India played badly in World Cup?

When it comes to cricket and especially the World Cup matches I become very superstitous. If I feel that when I sit in a particular position and our team is batting well then I'd not budge from my place until the end. Or if I find that in a series that I am not following on tv we are winning then I continue not watching the games in the hope that our winning streak doesn't end.

This time I tried all kinds of combinations but nothing to seemed to favour India in the World Cup. And here is my theory.

In a recently released film Hatrick one of the story tracks is of a young couple. The heroine Rimi Sen turns into a huge Dhoni fan. Irritated by her craziness Kunal Kapoor, who plays her husband, curses the Indian team... wanting India to lose every match and Dhoni to get out at zero every time.

And that practically has been happening.

We lost badly to both Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. Noone considers the win against Bermuda a victory. Dhoni too hasn't been any good.

So instead of going after the cricketers' families we should chase Kunal Kapoor for acting (!!) so well that his prayers in the movie got answered in reality. Hehehe

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wah! kya theory nikala aapne!!! I wish the Indian cricket fans knew this before the world cup had started!

Unknown said...

that is an intersting theory:) But really...I think all the cricket players should be ashamed of themselves for not even trying. There is one thing losing, and another thing losing with a fight.